“There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the
bloom of the present moment . . . I grew like corn in the night.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation
is a Buddhist community dedicated to bringing greater wisdom and compassion into the world. Mindfulness meditation, talks, classes, and retreats are held throughout Santa Cruz County, CA. Carla Brennan is the Guiding Teacher. We are open to anyone who wishes to study contemplative practices and develop more freedom in their lives. BOTP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
We welcome, accept and affirm people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, classes, religions, abilities and ages. We are committed to providing a safe place for all people to explore the dharma and awaken to their true nature. BOTP is a member of Out in Our Faith, an interfaith organization in Santa Cruz that supports LGBTQI people in their spiritual practice.
Bloom of the Present offers regular classes to provide ongoing instruction and in-depth support for your mindfulness practice. Each class includes an extended period of silent meditation. We will also explore a topic through discussion and exercises. All teachings are based in Buddhist psychology and philosophy. You will receive readings and well as audio meditations to use at home. New and experienced students welcome.
• Join us Thursdays, “Teacher-led Meditation and Dharma Talk.” 6:30 -8:00, Ocean Gate Zen Center. More info.
• Starts Wed., Jan. 31. “Radical Mindfulness: The Art of Being Alive” 5-Week Class, 6:30 -8:30 PM, Santa Cruz (Pleasure Point). Registration required. More info.
• Join our 2017-18 BOTP Pledge Drive! More info.
• Daylong retreat: “Equanimity – Freedom Beyond Identity and Preference.” Sat., February 10, 9:30am – 4:30pm, Insight Santa Cruz. Teachers: Carla Brennan and Lisa Dale Miller. More info.
• 6-Day Nature-Based Retreat in the Sierra’s. July 23-28, 2018. Put dates on your calendar. More info
• Help the Center for Farmworker Families. More info.
• You can now list Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation as the recipient of Amazon Smile donations! If you register for Amazon Smile and buy anything from Amazon when logged onto Amazon Smile, .05% of your purchased cost will go to Bloom of the Present. Go to: smile.amazon.com