“There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the
bloom of the present moment to any work, whether of
the head or hand . . . I grew like corn in the night.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation
is a Buddhist community dedicated to bringing greater wisdom and compassion into the world. Mindfulness meditation, talks, classes, and retreats are held throughout Santa Cruz County, CA. Carla Brennan is the Guiding Teacher. We are open to anyone who wishes to study contemplative practices and develop more freedom in their lives. BOTP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
• INNATE COMPASSION TRAINING! 3-week class. Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30, May 10, 17, 24. Pacific Cultural Center Studio, Santa Cruz. Registration required. More info.
• MINDFULNESS MEDITATION CLASS: Working with Thoughts. 3-week class. June 7, 14, 28. Tuesday, 5:00 – 6:30. Pacific Cultural Center Studio, Santa Cruz. Registration required. More info
• MEDITATING WITH THE REDWOODS. Daylong retreat in nature. Saturday, June 18. 9:30 – 3:30. Ben Lomond. Registration required. More info
• You can now donate to BOTP online! Click here.
• Volunteer for the Center for Farmworker Families. More info.
• Join the Santa Cruz Zen Center, Fridays. Help cook lunch for Homeless Garden Project. More info.