“There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the
bloom of the present moment . . . I grew like corn in the night.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation
is a Buddhist community dedicated to bringing greater wisdom and compassion into the world. Mindfulness meditation, talks, classes, and retreats are held throughout Santa Cruz County, CA. Carla Brennan is the Guiding Teacher. We are open to anyone who wishes to study contemplative practices and develop more freedom in their lives. BOTP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
We welcome, accept and affirm people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, classes, religions, abilities and ages. We are committed to providing a safe place for all people to explore the dharma and awaken to their true nature. BOTP is a member of Out in Our Faith, an interfaith organization in Santa Cruz that supports LGBTQI people in their spiritual practice.
Please note: Carla will be on a health sabbatical through May 2018. More info.
– Thursday Night Meditation will continue, led primarily by G Schulz. 6:30 -8:00. More info.
– Friday morning will host peer-led drop-in meditation and classes in Capitola. 10:00 – 11:15. More info.
– Wednesday and Monday classes will be suspended during this time.
• Carla has a CaringBridge page where updates are posted and messages can be left.
• Thank you to everyone who contributed to Carla’s GoFundMe campaign!
• “Joy of Living” 3-week peer-led class, Fridays 10:00 – 12:00. Starts April 13. More info
• 6-Day Nature-Based Retreat in the Sierra’s. July 23-28, 2018. Put dates on your calendar. More info
• Help the Center for Farmworker Families. More info.
• You can now list Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation as the recipient of Amazon Smile donations! If you register for Amazon Smile and buy anything from Amazon when logged onto Amazon Smile, .05% of your purchased cost will go to Bloom of the Present. Go to: smile.amazon.com