“There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the
bloom of the present moment . . . I grew like corn in the night.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation
is a Buddhist community dedicated to bringing greater wisdom and compassion into the world. Mindfulness meditation, talks, classes, and retreats are held throughout Santa Cruz County, CA. Carla Brennan is the Guiding Teacher. We are open to anyone who wishes to study contemplative practices and develop more freedom in their lives. BOTP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
We welcome, accept and affirm people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, classes, religions, abilities and ages. We are committed to providing a safe place for all people to explore the dharma and awaken to their true nature. BOTP is a member of Out in Our Faith, an interfaith organization in Santa Cruz that supports LGBTQI people in their spiritual practice.
To listen to recent Dharma talks by Carla,
Go to: Recent Dharma Talks
Donations to BOTP:
To donate to Bloom of the Present, go to:
FUNDRAISER FOR FARMWORKERS FAMILIES:
For many years, Bloom of the Present has been in partnership with the Center for Farmworkers Families and its director and sangha member, Ann Lopez. This is a time when the plight of the farm workers is especially dire. As part of our practice of service and generosity to others, we’d like to offer them some financial help in whatever way is possible for each of us.
Please, visit the Center website and donate generously so that those who grow our food do not go hungry!
• Sunday morning meditation and talk, 1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 – 10:45. More info.
• “Meditating with the Redwoods” Daylong Retreat Outdoors, July 25, August 22, September 26. More info.
• Individual meetings with Carla on Zoom. More info.
• Help the Center for Farmworker Families. More info.
• You can now list Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation as the recipient of Amazon Smile donations! If you register for Amazon Smile and buy anything from Amazon when logged onto Amazon Smile, .05% of your purchased cost will go to Bloom of the Present. Go to: https://smile.amazon.com/