“There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the
bloom of the present moment . . . I grew like corn in the night.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation
is a Buddhist community dedicated to bringing greater wisdom and compassion into the world. Mindfulness meditation, talks, classes, and retreats are held throughout Santa Cruz County, CA. Carla Brennan is the Guiding Teacher. We are open to anyone who wishes to study contemplative practices and develop more freedom in their lives. BOTP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
We welcome people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, classes, religions, abilities and ages. We are committed to providing a safe place for all people to explore the dharma and awaken to their true nature.
• Saturday, Sept. 9, “Meditating with Redwoods: Natural Liberation.” with Carla Brennan and Nina Wise. 9:30 -3:30, Ben Lomond, CA. Registration required. More info.
• 5-Week Class. Starts Mon. Sept. 18, Felton, “The Truth About the Buddha’s Four Noble Truths.” 7-9 PM. Registration required. More info
• 5-Week Class. Starts Wed. Sept. 27, Santa Cruz, “Mindfulness and Thinking: Awareness without Words.” 6:30 -8:30. Registration required. More info
• Noble Path Program for Dedicated Practitioners, Sept. 2017 – June 2018. Apply now. More info.
• Weekly Thursday Teacher-led Meditation and Dharma Talk: Everyone Welcome! Thurs. 6:30-8:00 PM, Ocean Gate Zen Center, Santa Cruz. More info.
• Monday Night Peer-led Drop-in Groups. July to Mid-September. Everyone welcome. 7:00 – 8:30 PM, The Satellite, Felton. More info.
• Friday Morning Peer-led 4-Week Class, August. 10:00 – 12:00. More info.
• Help the Center for Farmworker Families. More info.
• You can now list Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation as the recipient of Amazon Smile donations! If you register for Amazon Smile and buy anything from Amazon when logged onto Amazon Smile, .05% of your purchased cost will go to Bloom of the Present. Go to: smile.amazon.com