“There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the
bloom of the present moment to any work, whether of
the head or hand . . . I grew like corn in the night.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation
is a Buddhist community dedicated to bringing greater wisdom and compassion into the world. Mindfulness meditation, talks, classes, and retreats are held throughout Santa Cruz County, CA. Carla Brennan is the Guiding Teacher. We are open to anyone who wishes to study contemplative practices and develop more freedom in their lives. BOTP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
• Monday, July 4th. Join a small group for a special meditation in Santa Cruz on the 4th. 4:00 – 5:15 PM. We’ll meet at a sangha member’s home in the forest. For more information and directions, call Mary at 831-459-9775. Space limited.
• 4-Week Peer-led Class, Fridays 9:30 – 11:30. July 15, 22, 29, Aug. 5, Capitola. “The Grace in Aging”, More info.
• Meditating with the Redwoods: Daylong Retreat in Nature, Sunday, July 31, 9:30 – 3:30 PM. Ben Lomond. More info.
• Please note. You can now list Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation as the recipient of Amazon Smile donations! If you register for Amazon Smile and buy anything from Amazon when logged onto Amazon Smile, .05% of your purchased cost will go to Bloom of the Present. Go to: smile.amazon.com
• You can now donate to BOTP online! Click here.
• Volunteer for the Center for Farmworker Families. More info.
• Join the Santa Cruz Zen Center, Fridays. Help cook lunch for Homeless Garden Project. More info.