“There were times when I could not afford to sacrifice the
bloom of the present moment to any work, whether of
the head or hand . . . I grew like corn in the night.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden
Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation
is a Buddhist community dedicated to bringing greater wisdom and compassion into the world. Mindfulness meditation, talks, classes, and retreats are held throughout Santa Cruz County, CA. Carla Brennan is the Guiding Teacher. We are open to anyone who wishes to study contemplative practices and develop more freedom in their lives. BOTP is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
• Weekly Thursday Teacher-led Meditation and Dharma Talk: Everyone Welcome! Thurs. 6:30-8:00 PM, Ocean Gate Zen Center, Santa Cruz. More info.
• May 22. Five-Week Class. “Meditation, Mindfulness and Emotions.” Mondays, Felton. More info.
• May 31. Five-week class. “Mindfulness and Anxiety.” Wednesdays, Santa Cruz. More info.
• June 11, 9:30 -3:30. Meditating with the Redwoods Daylong in Nature. More info.
• Five-Night Retreat, July 24-29, “Nature and Buddha-Nature,” Sattley, CA. More info.
• You can now list Bloom of the Present Insight Meditation as the recipient of Amazon Smile donations! If you register for Amazon Smile and buy anything from Amazon when logged onto Amazon Smile, .05% of your purchased cost will go to Bloom of the Present. Go to: smile.amazon.com
• You can now donate to BOTP online! Click here.
• Volunteer for the Center for Farmworker Families. More info.
• Join the Santa Cruz Zen Center, Fridays. Help cook lunch for Homeless Garden Project. More info.