You can read updates and leave messages at Carla’s CaringBridge site:
BOTP Guiding Circle February 2018 letter:
Dear Bloom of the Present Sangha Members:
We are writing to inform you that our Guiding Teacher, Carla Brennan, will be taking a three-month health sabbatical starting in March. While there is some uncertainty that we all have to hold patiently, Carla may return to some of her teaching in June. Please join us as we keep Carla in our thoughts and prayers.
During Carla’s absence, Bloom of the Present’s program will be limited as follows:
• Thursday night at Ocean Gate Zen Center, 920 41st Ave., 6:30 – 8:00, led by Gee Schultz;
• Friday morning in Capitola, 10:00 – 11:15 which could continue as a peer-led activity. More info.
• Carla also plans to keep her dates for the Noble Path Program Retreat (Jikoji: June 7 thru 10) and the Sierra Nature-Based Retreat (Origin: July 23 thru 28).
• All Monday and Wednesday classes and other retreat events will be suspended through May.
While your continued financial support is appreciated through this trying time, Bloom of the Present is putting its pledge drive on hold through May. If you are affected by the changes in our programming and have pledged a monthly contribution, you are welcome to suspend your payments through this period; if you have made a lump-sum donation for the year, you may request that some or all of this amount be held from use through this period. Contact Holly Thomas, BOTP Treasurer, at: email@example.com for more information.
Regardless of any personal decisions about donations, at the direction of the Guiding Circle, Bloom of the Present will continue to offer Carla her monthly stipend through the sabbatical period. This is just one of the many ways we intend to support Carla, and we encourage you to join us in this effort. This can be done by:
• Making donations through Bloom of the Present earmarked for Carla’s support through her health sabbatical;
• Sending cards and well wishes to Carla at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or 12135 Aba Road, Ben Lomond, CA.
• Organizing sits and discussions at your place of residence, to provide continuity for Sangha members affected by programming changes;
• Include Carla and all BOTP Sangha members in your regular metta practice; and
• Any other way that you are able to help financially or spiritually.
We expect there will be many expressions of concern from sangha members over the coming weeks. In general, we would ask for your patience and that your energy be focused on positive ways in which you can support Carla and maintain the spirit of our Sangha over the coming months. Please contact Isabelle, our BOTP Guiding Circle Chair, at email@example.com, if you have questions or concerns.
With Loving Kindness,
The BOTP Guiding Circle